Online and in-Person Tutoring Help is Available at:
Free Remote Tutoring:
- the Math Consulting Center
will provide free remote tutoring via Zoom for the Fall 2020 semester with expanded hours in the evenings and on weekends. The tutoring will be available during the following time periods:
Monday through Thursday: 11 am - 8 pm
Friday: 11 am - 4 pm.
Saturday: 11 am - 3 pm
Sunday: 4 pm - 8 pm
To access the MCC Tutoring Zoom room during the above time periods, students need to use the following steps:
1) If using a laptop, go to temple.zoom.us (Links to an external site.). Select “JOIN A MEETING” and enter the code 515-883-3706. The first time you do this, you will need to download Zoom. This will only take a few seconds. Simply follow the instructions. After this first time, you will click "Launch Zoom" to enter the room.
On a tablet, download and open the Zoom app and enter the code 515-883-3706.
2) The supervisor on duty will ask you for your TU ID and the course for which you require tutoring. Move your cursor to the bottom of the screen. A black command bar will appear. Click on Chat. A chat bar will appear on the right. Click on "MCC Tutoring" (not Everyone). Via this private message, enter your TU ID and the course for which you require tutoring.
3) The supervisor will then assign you to a tutor in a breakout room. Please keep questions to 15 minutes or less depending on demand.
4) Leave the meeting when you are finished.