Math 1041 Calculus I Web Page
Jeromy Sivek, Course Coordinator
Find Your Sections Syllabus Here
Department of Mathematics
Wachman Hall 634
Some preliminary resources can be found here.
Course documents, including the list of homework problems will are here.
Semester add/drop/etc dates and deadlines are listed here.
- James Stewart: Calculus: Early Transcendentals ; 8th Edition,
Cengage Learning ISBN-13: 978-1-305-71030-6
- Important: together with the textbook you will need to buy
Enhanced WebAssign Homework and eBook LOE Printed Access Card
for Multi Term Math and Science.
- If you are repeating this class and took Math 1041/1038 in
Fall 2015 or later then you already have textbook and access to
- If you do not already have a WebAssign account, click here
for our courses microsite from the publisher. Warning 1: Do not buy the "Cengage Unlimited eTextbooks" option, which does not include WebAssign access. We have asked the publisher to remove that option. Warning 2: Please DO NOT buy any used books
since they will not let you access the WebAssign (the WebAssign
codes ARE NOT transferable).
We will cover most of the sections in Chapters 2 - 5.
- Chapter 2: Limits and Derivatives
- Chapter 3: Differentiation Rules
- Chapter 4: Applications of Differentiation
- Chapter 5: Integrals
Note: Your section's Canvas page has been set up as the main portal for your class. Please check there for anything related to the class that you expect to be posted.